Saturday, April 08, 2006

Being Cyrus

I would rename it, "Being Ciphered".

Definitely not the type of movie I wished to see in Chennai after a gap of 3 months. I did not know anything about the movie when I entered the movie hall, I still do not know. The only info I knew that Saif had played the lead role. Got to know some more big names were also in it. Almost all the big media houses have pooled in to produce the movie, I guess: Shringar Cinemas, PVR, Times infotainment. I may have forgotten a few names here. All these biggies have succeeded in cropping up a big failure. Whatever the reviews and reviewers say, I am pretty much sure the movie would be a big flop.

To say whatever I understood, the movie had two halves. The show was a housefull with some good chennai beauties. The pop corn served was good. The director desperately tried to convey some thing. Saif was good at his English. There were a lot of bas***s thrown in - may be just to get the 'A' certificate.

If I have to choose between the two halves, I would say the first had a bit of promise. The second bamboozled me. Or the pop-corn had some toxic content and stopped my brains from doing their normal duty.

No comments: