Monday, June 06, 2005

Best Performer

I know I am among the important persons in our RR (a subset of Telecom) team. But little did I expect to get the Best Performer tag during the annual employee evaluation at FSS. Roughly 3-4% get the best performer rating, around 80% get vital performer tag. This process of evaluating employees is called 'Permasys' at FSS. The permasys was supposed to be completed on 27th May and we get our incremented salary along with May's salary on June 1st. My permasys was not over till 29th. Balaji had had his permasys on 23/24 May and he had got a vital performer rating. On 29th, my manager, affectionately called (or forced to call him as) MAK called me for a meeting. He started lecturing -- you should do this-- that -- show extra interest -- be proactive -- blah blah -- I listened. I had to listen. I thought I would be given only a vital performer rating after hearing his harangue. When I came back to my seat and saw the Permasys booklet mailed to me by MAK, a bit surprised to see the Best Performer rating. hooh hooh. Five minutes later, another mail. Congrats Selva -- your incentive (11k+) has been credited to your bank account!!!Happy happy. Waiting for the increment (how much?) ???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great selva. CEG guys shine on everywhere... Vaazhga pandu kulam! Keep it up!

Vijay Krishna Narayanan said...

Congrats Selva. However, this doesn't come as a surprise to me.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys....