Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Telephone Directory Utilities

Value-add of Chennai Telephones

Whenever we miss a call from a landline number and if that number is a chennai one (STD code 44), the caller can be identified - upto the campus at least. It would be of great help if the number calling us is registered as a personal connection. Even otherwise, we can identify the calling party with other relevant information available to the called party.

This would be of immense use when you apply for a job in a job portal, receive 4-5 calls during office hours, you are not able to pick up the phone, you badly want a job change and do not want any anxiety regarding the identity of the caller. Without such facilities, we can only guess the identity of the caller.

Likewise, the following are the websites of other BSNL/MTNL locations which offer a similar facility.
Mumbai Caller Locator
Bangalore Caller Locator
Hyderabad Caller Locator

There are a host of other services offered by our Government owned Telephone companies' sites. Inspite of the dwindling numbers of connections, I appreciate their effort to provide such utilities to us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anubhavam?

Balaji said...

a good utility... this facility is also available in that telephone directory CD..

Unknown said...

yes a sort of anubhavam.in fact yesterday morning, I gave a 'missed' call from my landline (office) to my cell just to check my cell phoneis working. After 3 hours, I saw my phone screen, it showed the symbol for a missed call and I checked the number. I didnt know the number and forgot my calling previously...then used the chennai telephones utility and got relieved.