Saturday, May 13, 2006

Lok Paritran in this election

Lok Paritran (LP) has got respectable percentage of votes in the constituencies they contested. I respect their initiative in starting a party,contesting an election and all, but I could barely see any campaigning for LP.

If LP volunteers could not even publicize the fact that their party is contesting in a constituency, I could only pity the party. Some of my friends were unaware that LP is contesting in their constituency. May be it's wrong on my part to expect a person who is doing an Executive 1 year MBA to campaign in elections. He must be busy doing the 2 year stuff in 1 year.

For election manifesto and campaigning to reach the Indian Citizens through email forwards (spams) and blog posts, it will take at least another 4-5 decades. I have more hopes on Captain's party than on LP.

After all, initiative without effort is worthless. Any one can dream, but only he who works towards it will succeed. Though LP could get decent number of votes, the lack of effort from their side makes me doubt their intention behind starting the party. I hope it is not a publicity stunt.

2 comments:

Shankar said...

37K votes the first time that too in Chennai city is a great thing to happen for them! Hope they continue the good job they have started. They can infact derive confidence from this start when they contest in Kar and AP in the coming years!

Anonymous said...

I had the same opinion until I met their Chief Advisor today for an informal chat / interview. They are campaigning out of limited resources, and so they couldn't have done much better. Captain has spent his life's earnings in these elections. There is a huge difference. They don't have aal, padai. Captain can buy those things.