Friday, September 16, 2005

Sithappu...


This is easily the biggest day in my brother's life and the most happiest day in our family. My mathini (sister-in-law) has given birth to a baby girl. Both the child and the mother are in good health. I am terribly anguished at enjoying this moment of pleasure, moment of bliss, vicariously. This is probably the first day I regret for not staying in Chennai.

Yesterday my mathini was admitted to the hospital and some medicines were administered to induce labour pain. My brother, obviously, was tense. As things would have it, today morning there was a minor complication and the young one was forced to have a caesarean birth. Everything went on fine and around 9:00 in the morning, the young angel had her first breath out of her mother's womb.

I am amazed (at last!) how quickly life passes and makes most of the events of our past seem not so significant to our present. I still remember the day when my brother's standard 12 marks were released. He did not get the marks as expected and everything was looking bleak. A drop of tear from both the brothers' eyes. Just a year later I shared the tear with my mother when my brother left for Glasgow. Barely three years from the first day, my brother brought me a pair of Nike shoes, Dresses, VCRs, Watches, perfumes et al from London. Now he is a father, I am a small father (I dont prefer the word 'uncle'). Truly stunned to see the pace which time sets. How much ever we plan and how much ever we try to go fast, time beats us, hands down.

By the time, I recollect that I have written some blah..blah in my blog, my brother might have become big father!

4 comments:

Vijay Krishna Narayanan said...

Congrats on your new role!

Shankar said...

naay, congrats to ur bro n u... its a gr8 feeling da...

Anonymous said...

Ah! What a feeling it is to have a tiny bundle of joy around...

Congrats on becoming Sithapps!
KG.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys