Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.

I have never given a thought to the personal lives of many of the successful people. How their personal lives have affected and influenced their professional success. I recentlyread the text of the speech by Steve Jobs at Stanford University. It was really an inspirational one embellished with emotions.

While reading the article, I was reminded of Kartik Gurusamy for his courage to do what he wants (possibly loves).

In this regard I would like to classify people in to three categories. One, those who do what they love. In this category, I know only KG. Two, those who do what they have to. Satyasai, the most brilliant person I have personally interacted with, fits in here. Three, those who do what they do not realise are doing. I dare not mention the name of such people in public. Four, those who do whatever comes their way. Most of us fall in this category.

A person who is presently successful would either have struggled to get there or normally reached that position because of lot many other factors. So what is special about Jobs? I do not know the answer. Even more baffling to me, what does "Stay Hungry Stay Foolish" mean?

5 comments:

Vijay Krishna Narayanan said...

I'm confused... which category do I go into?

(Turn on the word verification system to counter spam comments.)

Anonymous said...

I think then selva should have said...

there are the dreamers
the achievers
the also rans
the situation prisoners
and then there is VK!!

;))
KG.

Anonymous said...

Well I beleive i fall into all catogories except the first one.
I know i am doing what came my way, what is right for me but still clueless what exactly i am supposed to do.

Suresh.

Unknown said...

VK, I have turned on word verification-->>>

KG, ippo VKvai yaen thevai illaama izhukkura?

Suresh, I guess you are krishnan suresh... Hi

Vijay Krishna Narayanan said...

Hey you still haven't classified me... ;)