Monday, August 08, 2005

Goodvertisements

Anyone watching television would come across a variety of advertisements, some bad, some boring, some irritating and some really interesting. Here I list some of the advertisements which are coming to my mind right away and which I like the most.

The numero uno is the Tata AIG Insurance ad. Though I do not know much about the insurance plan being advertised, the concept of the ad - though very much similar to the Asian paints ad of "Kalakkare chandru" fame - is the one which attracted me. I could not think of a better way to show the benefits of planning ahead.

The #2 is Hutch. Hutch has a set of advertisements. All are equally good. I like the hutch ads for the simplicity with which the message is conveyed. The boy and the dog - jokes - astrology - hats off to you Mr.Danny pope.

The #3 is Happydent white chewing gum ad. SSSmile please. Not the greatest of products to promote, this is one ad which surprised me when I saw it the first time. I knew about the USP of the gum at the time of first seeing the ad - that made me like the ad even more.

The #4 is "dishum" Tata Indica- "Must be true". This is easily the funniest ad I have seen. This ad, like a Goundamani comedy scene, always brings a smile in my face. The best of the lies the model says are, '"Boss, you are a genius" - Dishum',' "Seven humbered and two"-Dishum',' "I love you"-dishum, "I really love you"- Dishum'. The icing on the cake is the person getting a dishum when he thinks what to say next.

The #5 is Maruti 800. The sardar kid playing with a maruti 800 doll, taking it past a dog's tail, into a fish tank, on a black board, roti and finally on his father's tummy. The best part of the ad is the sequence of dialogues between the kid and the father - bus karo yaar - (shit)Champion.

Another one I like very much is the fevicol ad. Infact I remembered this on seeing the Business line article on Danny pope (hutch). This comes in the same category as Tata AIG Insurance and happydent white gum ads.

2 comments:

Karthik said...

Hutch themes were to good. i'ven't seen these tata aig ads. tata indica - must be true is quite different from the mundane ads that we see.

Vijay Krishna Narayanan said...

I liked the new Malaysian Airlines ad: Surprisingly, the most luxurious experience on earth... is often not on earth. I thought it was shot very tastefully; though it doesn't get you in the same way as the Indica ad, the impact lingers on, as if you've read some immortal poem.