Wednesday, December 07, 2005

gUrgaon

The traffic regulations here in Gurgaon have gone to a manic high. It is understood when a National Highway is getting upgraded there would be some inconvenience which could be borne for a better tomorrow (2008). But in the last week, there have been some in(s)ane traffic diversions. Almost all the right-turns, whether or not they are in proximity to the National Highway, have been blocked. This has forced the motorists to take U turns - also at many points taking U-turn is prohibited. For instance, in my route from office to house, I take around 5 U-turns - an additional distance of about 3 km (the original distance was 6 km). There is one stretch of road in which the sign board points Mehrauli, Gurgaon city, IGI airport, Faridabad, Jaipur - all in the same direction. For an instant, I thought I am driving in Chennai.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daai, what's wrong with Chennai?

Unknown said...

Nothing is wrong with chennai. A sign-board in chennai would have pointed all those places in the same direction.

----yhigcpd ----

Balaji said...

Quote:For an instant, I thought I am driving in Chennai.


lol ..